MID RANGE Tohatsu 60 hp 4-Stroke
Weighing in at just 239 pounds, the Tohatsu 60 hp four stroke is one of the lightest weight motors in its class. It features lightweight Mikuni® intake, which helps build low end torque.
The BFT60 hp also features Boosted Low Speed Torque, which helps deliver exceptional hole shots and comes standard with a high output 22 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as other competitors.
It also has Lean Burn Control, which will get you better fuel economy while at cruising speeds. This powerful, yet lightweight four stroke is one of the best in its class.
- High output 22 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors
- Weighing in at only 239 lbs makes the BFT60 one of the lightest motors in its class
- The BFT60 hp tiller version offers a full 50 degrees of steering to port and to starboard
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Four Stroke Technology
- Lightweight MikuniR intake helps build low end torque
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to delivers an exceptional hole shot
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port programmed fuel injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
- Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil filler ports
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
Multi Function Tiller Handle
Ergonomically designed shift lever offers smooth shifting for convenience and comfort. Throttle friction allows fine-tuning of the tiller for safety. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves|
|Output||60 hp (44.1 kw)|
|Displacement||998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||73 x 80 mm (2.9 x 3.1 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||0.7 gal. (2.7L) with filter|
|Weight*||243 lbs. (110 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 240W, 22A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||S|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Power Trim and Tilt||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Model||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power