MID RANGE - Tohatsu BFT 90 hp 4-Stroke
Meet the versatile and dependable Tohatsu 90 hp four stroke outboard. In-line 4 cylinder SOHC delivers exceptional torque and power, while still weighing in at only 359 pounds, which makes the BFT 90hp one of the lightest motors in its class. The convenience is even built right into the engine with the built-in freshwater flushing system, for easy routine flushing.
To protect against corrosion, the BFT 90 hp has a “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all of which work to enhance your motor’s corrosion protection. Reliability and durability come standard on this high-power, proven-technology four stroke outboard engine.
- High output 44 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors
- Weighing in at only 359lbs makes the BFT90 one of the lightest motors in its class
- In-line 4 cylinder SOHC, dual intake valves help deliver excellent torque and power
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
- Dual stage induction for improved performance
- Variable valve timing and lift control
- Boosted low speed torque helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- 3-way cooling system to help protect against overheating
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port programmed fuel injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder.
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control
system provides power where and when you need it. This gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine's operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel efficiency.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||4 Cylinder SOHC|
|Output||90 hp (67.1 kw)|
|Displacement||1,496 cc (91.3 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||73 x 89 mm (2.9 x 3.5 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||1.24 gal. (4.4 L) w/filter|
|Weight*||366 lbs. (166 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 420W, 44A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,300 - 6,300|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||S|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Power Trim and Tilt||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Variable Valve Timing & Lift Control||S|
|Model||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power