MID RANGE - Tohatsu 75 hp 4-stroke
Tohatsu’s 75 hp Four Stroke is one of the lightest outboards in its class, weighing in at just 359 pounds. This in-line 4 cylinder is equipped with SOHC, or single overhead cam, to deliver excellent torque and power.
The BFT 75hp also features a Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection system that delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is an easy start and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency. Our 75 hp engine comes with a high output 44 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors.
The 75 hp four stroke is a great choice because it is our most advanced technology in a mid-range engine.
- High output 44 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors
- Weighing in at only 359 lbs makes the BFT75 one of the lightest motors in its class
- In-line 4 cylinder SOHC, dual intake valves help deliver excellent torque and power
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
- Dual stage induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- 3-way cooling system to help protect against overheating
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port programmed fuel injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||4 Cylinder SOHC|
|Output||75 hp (55.9 kw)|
|Displacement||1,496 cc (91.3 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||73 x 89 mm (2.9 x 3.5 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||1.24 gal. (4.4 L) w/filter|
|Weight*||364 lbs. (165 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 420W, 44A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||S|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Power Trim and Tilt||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Model||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power