Portable - Tohatsu MFS 15 PT (Power Tilt)
Tohatsu does their best to provide you with the best engine they possibly can. That’s why they have taken the 15 hp model and made it better by introducing an MFS 15 hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) which is the lightest 4-stroke battery-less EFI 15hp model in the industry! You can enjoy added features such as a higher power-to-weight ratio, which is the most important factor for small horsepower outboards.
On the new 15hp EFI outboard, they also succeeded in drastically reducing sound level and vibration. One major advantage of the EFI system is a quick startup with no choke needed and provides crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges as well as a significantly increased fuel efficiency at wide open throttle.
Tohatsu also added Power Tilt to the remote steering/throttle models to provide even greater operating convenience. This engine offers the same features as the 15hp EFI mode, plus an added power tilt feature for greater operating convenience.
As with their other engines, you can count on it to deliver the same reliability our reputation was built on. This power tilt model is not available in tiller, only remote control.
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq Technology - the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging*
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Remote control model available
- Shallow water drive*
- 90 degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with fuel gauge on the cap
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Multi-Function Tiller Handle
Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) are integrated into the tiller handle for convenience.
Stowable Carrying Tiller
We’ve incorporated a carrying handle on the front that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
Fuel Water Separator
A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator is standard equipment on all EFI 20 | 15 | 9.9 motors. This unique yet simple fuel water separator doesn’t require the use of a single tool to drain the water.
Center of Gravity Improved
By moving heavy components (i.e. crankshaft, driveshaft) 30mm forward compared to the previous model, the tilting weight has decreased by 26% from the previous version, making it much easier for users to tilt manually.
Compact Fuel System Layout for Easy Maintenance
The Vapor Separator Tank (VST) has been designed to integrate the high pressure fuel feed pump, regulator, and fuel cooler into one component.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||2|
|Output||15 hp (11.0 kw)|
|Displacement||333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||61 x 57 mm (2.40 x 2.24 in)|
|Starting||Electric or Manual|
|Control Type||Remote Control or Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6" - 10"|
|Transom Height||15", 20"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||1.07 qt. (1 L)|
|Fuel Tank||3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank|
|Weight*||94.7 lbs. (43 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 145W, 12A (Standard on Electric Start Models)|
|Max. RPM Range||5,400 - 6,100|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Shallow Water Drive||S|
|Model||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Tiller Handle||Remote Control||12V Charging